Regulatory Oversight Report for Canadian Nuclear Power Plants
June 16, 2017
Each year, the CNSC publishes a report on the safety performance of Canada's nuclear power plants (NPP).
The report assesses how well plant operators are meeting regulatory requirements and program expectations in areas such as human performance, radiation and environmental protection, and emergency management and fire protection.
Showing comparisons and trends where possible, the report highlights emerging regulatory issues pertaining to the industry at large and to each licensed station.
Highlights: Regulatory Oversight Report for Canadian Nuclear Power Plants: 2016
- There were no serious process failures at the NPPs.
- No member of the public received a radiation dose that exceeded the regulatory limit.
- No worker at any NPP received a radiation dose that exceeded the regulatory limits.
- The frequency and severity of non-radiological injuries to workers were minimal.
- No radiological releases to the environment from the stations exceeded the regulatory limits.
- Licensees complied with licence conditions concerning Canada’s international obligations.
- No NPP events above Level 0 on the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES) were reported to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
The full Regulatory Oversight Report for Canadian Nuclear Power Plants: 2016 is available on request to the Secretariat (see contact information below).
Information about this regulatory oversight report’s public meeting:
Date: August 16 or 17, 2017
Place: CNSC public hearing room, 14th floor, 280 Slater Street, Ottawa, ON
Members of the public with an interest or expertise on the matters presented in the Regulatory Oversight Report for Canadian Nuclear Power Plants: 2016 are invited to comment in writing by July 17, 2017 by using the online request form or through the coordinates below. Submissions must include your name, address and telephone number.
Senior Tribunal Officer, Secretariat
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
280 Slater Street, P.O. Box 1046, Station B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5S9
Tel.: 613-996-9063 or 1-800-668-5284
- Date modified: