History of Participant Funding Offered for Ontario Power Generation's Darlington Nuclear Generating Station Licence Renewal Application
PFP submission period for this opportunity is now closed
Darlington PFP History
- July 24, 2015: Update to Participant Funding Decision Report for Ontario Power Generation’s application to renew the Power Reactor Operating Licence for the Darlington Nuclear Generation Station – (PDF)
- August 20, 2014: Participant Funding Decision Report for Ontario Power Generation’s application to renew the Power Reactor Operating Licence for the Darlington Nuclear Generation Station – (PDF)
- July 29, 2014: The CNSC announces a 12 month extension of OPG’s power reactor licence for the Darlington Nuclear Generating Station. News Release: CNSC Extends OPG’s Operating Licence until December 2015
- April 28, 2014: Participant funding submission period closed
- March 10, 2014: Participant funding offering for Ontario Power Generation's application to renew the operating licence for the Darlington Nuclear Generating Open
- Download the participant funding application form
- Submit the application form by:
- mail: Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
c/o: Participant Funding Program administrator
P.O. Box 1046, Station B
280 Slater St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5S9
- fax: 613-995-5086
For more information, please contact the Participant Funding Program Administrator at 1-800-668-5284 or 1-613-947-6382
Participant Funding Notice: Ontario Power Generation's Application to Renew Operating Licence for Darlington Nuclear Generating Station
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) is offering participant funding to assist members of the public, Aboriginal groups, and other stakeholders in reviewing Ontario Power Generation's (OPG) licence renewal application for the Darlington Nuclear Generating Station (NGS) and other relevant documentation specifically related to the application.
OPG has applied to the CNSC to renew its power reactor operating licence for the Darlington NGS, to cover the period to complete the proposed refurbishment of all four Darlington NGS units.
Under its Participant Funding Program, the CNSC is offering up to $75,000 for members of the public, Aboriginal groups, and other interested stakeholders to prepare for and participate in the public hearing scheduled for November 2014.
Funding will be considered for the provision of new, distinctive and valuable information. A revised Notice of Public Hearing, confirming the date and location, will be issued by the Commission Secretariat at a later date.
The deadline to submit a participant funding application is Monday, April 28, 2014. Please note that late or incomplete funding applications will not be considered.
A funding review committee, independent of and external to the CNSC, will consider all applications for funding and make recommendations on the allocation of funds.
The CNSC regulates the use of nuclear energy and materials to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment, and to implement Canada's international commitments on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
For questions about this specific funding opportunity, contact the PFP administrator.
Media inquiries should be directed to 613-943-7429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: