Regulatory Oversight Report – Uranium and Nuclear Substance Processing Facilities
This report assesses Canadian facilities that process uranium and nuclear substances and focuses on the three safety and control areas (SCAs) of radiation protection, environmental protection, and conventional health and safety. The report also highlights facility public information programs, ratings for all 14 SCAs, reportable events, significant facility modifications, and areas of increased regulatory focus.
The report covers the following uranium processing facilities: Blind River Refinery, Port Hope Conversion Facility, Cameco Fuel Manufacturing Inc., and BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. (formerly GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada). The report also covers the following nuclear substance processing facilities: SRB Technologies (Canada) Inc., Nordion (Canada) Inc., and Best Theratronics Limited.
- Mythbusters: clarifying common misperceptions on uranium processing
- Blind River Refinery (Ontario)
- Port Hope Uranium Conversion Facility (Ontario)
- Cameco Fuel Manufacturing Inc. (Ontario)
- BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. - Toronto (Ontario)
- BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. - Peterborough (Ontario)
- Nordion (Ontario)
- Best Theratronics Ltd.
- SRB Technologies (Ontario)
- Date modified: